02 August 2010

"obstacles that had to be cleared on a difficult path"

"… The scenes from al-Arakib, from the demolished homes to the uprooted gardens to the grinning teens who joined the mayhem, can be viewed as much more than the destruction of a village. They are snapshots of the phenomenon that is laying Israeli society as a whole to waste."
– Max Blumenthal, The “Summer Camp Of Destruction:” Israeli High Schoolers Assist The Razing Of A Bedouin Town

"It is my wish that your heart should beat for all suffering peoples. That your brain should think with those who conceive a better world. That as a Jew you should fight for all those ideals which make up human greatness. I know, my son, that I impose a difficult task on you. But I love you so much, that I want to see your life dedicated to noble things.
And now decide whether you want to be born!"
– B.Newman Jubal, The Smile of Herschale Handle, Currawong Publishing Co., Sydney, 1947

He impersonated a human by Gideon Levy, in Haaretz

"I guess I can be grateful to the IDF for giving me the chance to see the world in a new way."
– Emily Henochowicz
quoted in A Cooper Union Student Lost an Eye Protesting in Israel—But None of Her Vision, by Steve Thrasher, in the Village Voice

No comments: